As a Software Quality Assurance Specialist, you will have the opportunity to contribute significantly to our business and your career. You will be part of a small team of specialists verifying rich applications that analyze large data sets. You will be working on-site with the other QA professionals and the rest of the development team.
With our culture of engineering excellence, we are dedicated to not only writing fast and stable code and delivering the best service to our clients, we are also very focused on you. We believe that when you are your best, our clients will be their best. It’s a win-win. We work hard to provide you with the opportunity to leverage cutting edge technologies. We seek out and engage innovative clients. We expect your contributions to be recognized and rewarded. As a member of our team, you and your skills will stay current. You will be challenged and remain fulfilled.
In addition to the typical benefits, we think you’ll enjoy:
- Spot bonuses, rewards and other company incentives
- Code reviews, training, & conferences
- Free snacks and unlimited soft-drinks
- Launch Day Scotch… and we launch often
- Breakfast Fridays… every Friday
- Herman Miller chairs… need we say more?
This is your opportunity to inspire, learn, and grow as a Software QA Specialist. Kanban is driving a revolution in digital marketing – an industry that continues to tap the latest technologies to push forward. The next 5 years will yield unprecedented growth in how marketers design, build, manage and monetize real-time, content-rich, interactions between their respective brands and their target audiences. The contributing and resulting suite of tools, processes and systems will provide you with sought-after experience and skills for years to come.
A Software QA Specialist is expected to do the following tasks with supervision:
- Execute integration, regression, and end-to-end testing for the front- and back-end of complex applications
- Coordinate with the QA Lead to understand the test cases and the scope of your testing
- Set up and manage test data
- Understand key differences in the browsers, operating systems, and mobile devices that you are testing on
- Make sure the developers have what they need to resolve the defects you’ve found
- Accurately verify defects that the developers have resolved, and confirm that the solution did not break anything else
Skills & Requirements:
A Software QA Specialist has these characteristics:
- Experience in end-to-end testing of systems with multiple integration points
- Excellent (fluent) English written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities, and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot issues, getting past the superficial manifestation of the defect to its root cause
- Near-super-human attention to detail; outstanding commitment to quality!
- Strong ability to identify what information you need to do your job and how to get it
- Thorough understanding of how you yourself operate best, how you need to be communicated with, and what keeps you happy and motivated in the workplace
- Undergraduate degree with strong reasoning skills is required (top university is strongly preferred)
Additional consideration for:
- Experience testing content management systems (CMS)
- Experience testing ecommerce systems
- Experience in writing test cases
- Exposure to agile/lean development methods
Kanban provides software engineering, content engineering, systems integration, product development and application development services to global brands across a number of industries; including consumer electronics, retail, financial services, publishing, manufacturing, and media.
Based in New York City, Kanban has developed solutions for such notable brands as Nikon, NBC Universal, Straight Talk Wireless, and New York University. Kanban specializes in complex web applications that connect customer experience, content, and commerce technologies and systems, rely on rich interfaces and deliver business impact.
Through a unique and highly effective delivery methodology, Kanban’s clients are more agile and responsive, enabling real-time marketing and innovation on a 24×7 basis. More information about Kanban is available at http://www.kanbansolutions.com.